- Item Type > Article/Essay (x)
- Historical Eras > Postwar America (1946-1975) (x)
- Historical Eras > Great Depression and World War II (1929-1945) (x)
- Theme > Civil Rights and Citizenship (x)
- Theme > Social Movements (x)
We found 3 items that match your search
This essay describes the history of the March on Washington Movement, from its beginnings in 1941 to the famous 1963 March.
Bayard Rustin was a gay civil rights activist who was particularly passionate about racial equality. He helped to organize the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, of which Martin Luther King Jr. was a president, and which influenced the civil [...]
This essay outlines broad trends in LGBTQ+ American history and traces the evolution of LGBTQ+ people’s involvement in and relationship with the United States military.