- Tag > Literature in the History Classroom (x)
- Tag > Interdisciplinary (x)
- Item Type > Teaching Activity (x)
- Theme > Expansion and Imperialism (x)
- Historical Eras > Industrialization and Expansion (1877-1913) (x)
We found 1 items that match your search
Art, Commentary and Evidence: Analysis of "The White Man's Burden"
In this activity students analyze Kipling's famous poem about imperialism and read several poems that were written in response to it. Students discuss how effective the poems are as art, political commentary, and historical evidence.
Item Type: Teaching Activity
Historical Era: Industrialization and Expansion (1877-1913)