- Theme > Expansion and Imperialism (x)
- Tag > Westward Expansion (x)
- Tag > railroads (x)
- Tag > Common Core Reading (x)
- Theme > Immigration and Migration (x)
- Historical Eras > Civil War and Reconstruction (1861-1877) (x)
We found 3 items that match your search
This is a basic vocabulary list to use with this book. There are other words and terms that your students may want to add in the space provided at the end.
This set of worksheets provides reading questions and writing tasks that cover five themes (work, corruption, tensions among immigrant groups, conflict with Indians, boomtowns) found in the historical fiction book, The Journal of Sean Sullivan.
In this activity, students are guided through a close reading of The Journal of Sean Sullivan: A Transcontinental Railroad Worker, a fictional book for young readers based on historical sources. Students will read a short excerpt from the beginning [...]